Any interested woman invited and recommended by two Active members presented by the Membership Committee to the Executive Board for approval is eligible for membership to the organization.
- Active Members – These members will receive the directory, the monthly newsletter and must attend most of the general monthly meetings.
- Participate in at least one fundraiser.
- Participate on at least one committee.
- Purchase at least ten (10) tickets to the Christmas Tour of Homes or one of the other major fundraisers. They may sell the tickets or give as gifts.
- Sustaining Members – Any member who completes at least ten (10) years of service may change their membership to Sustaining status. These members will receive newsletters and directories and can attend meetings, but are not required to serve on committees or fundraisers. They may choose to participate in any Club activities in which they have an interest. Sustaining members do vote.
- Friends of Heritage Square – These members are supportive of Heritage Square by paying the current dues amount ($100), but do not receive newsletters or directories. These members do not wish to participate in any Club activities. Friends are both Ladies and Gentlemen and do not vote.
Steps in becoming a member of the Woman’s Club of Fayetteville, NC, Inc.:
- A prospective member attends at least one general meeting as a guest of a member.
- A membership application must be completed and signed by the prospective member and two Active members.
- The completed application is given to the Chairman of the Membership Committee.
- The Membership Chairman prepares her presentation and presents the application at the next Executive Board meeting.
- The Executive Board votes on the application. The Membership Chairman will notify the prospective member of the vote in a timely manner.
- If approved the member is presented to the Club at the general membership meeting and her name is added to the Membership Book and a name tag will be prepared.
- A new member must be a member for one full year before sponsoring a prospective member for membership.
Membership dues must be paid by June 1 in order to get updated and correct information in the yearly Directory. The new Directory will be distributed at the September meeting.